Friday, August 13, 2010

Ain't No Mountain High Enough...

Listen Baby

Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough baby
If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far,
Don't worry baby
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry
'Cause baby,
There aint no mountain high enough
Aint no valley low enough
Aint no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you, babe
********
Just an awesome song in my head! Absolutely lurrvvv this one...
I first heard this song in the movie Step Mom (*amazing movie*). This first appears in the movie when Julia Roberts is seen singing along with the radio, while driving her to-be husband's kids to their mom's place. The daughter, who just can't accept Julia Roberts, joins in and they sing away to glory; a moment in their relationship where they first connect. And she begins to think her step mom is actually cool and not a nightmare.
And then, this song reappears in the movie, when the daughter dances with her Mom (Susan Sarandon) and they have a li'l jig, which is their 'thing'.... a mother-daughter bond. And finally, the song again appears at the end.
I hadn't heard this song before (I don't listen much to English songs). But this song was damn too catchy to miss. I again heard this song being used in Remember the Titans; a movie I caught on Star Movies recently. And apparently, it's used in the movie, Sister Act 2 and some others too.

And talking of Step Mom, caught the promos of its desi version, We are Family. I have my hopes set real low; coz it's a Bollywood rip-off after all!


  • The movie has an additional kid (it has 3 kids in lieu of the 2 in the original),
  • It has Arjun Rampal pairing up with Kajol AND Kareena (a first time, any which pair you take)
  • A 'tribute' to Elvis Presley's hit song Jailhouse Rock (yes, it's like Pretty Woman reloaded... talk about a Julia Roberts Fixation!) and ...
  • Not to forget, a cheesy title! (Seriously? "We are Family"? Didn't like that one bit.)
And I am sure all the Bollywood spices will be thrown in to make a true-to-style K Jo Bollywood masala (although he's not directing it). The movie will be terribly long, will have a number of songs injected at all odd places, atleast 2 song-and-dance routines, tear-jerking scenes (glycerine version 2.0 reloaded), lots of drama and very less of Arjun Rampal (heck, who else would want such an insignificant role? He just has to look good and the gals will take care of the rest!)

I seriously doubt if the movie will make as much impact as Step Mom. Susan Sarandon and Julia Roberts had perfectly nailed the roles. Their restrained, powerful performances are a tough act to follow, I dare say. Kajol might match up to her role... but Kareena? Will she or won't she? I will be happy to be surprised.

The best thing would be to induce amnesia before you go to watch this movie, NEVER compare it with the original, and try to enjoy the show.
So here's a movie review even before it has been released! And you read it here first!

8 comments:

  1. Oh step mom is good eh..? I haven't watched it yet! So movie of the day it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really good movie (according to me!). If you did watch it, let me know whether you liked it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stepmom is a really good movie..I just hope We are family doesn't mess it up. Really nice blog!

    Cheers
    Upasana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Upasana! :)
    As for We are Family.... let's wait and watch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I watched the movie. :)

    It was good! Loved it.. but I cried through it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a mark of a good movie when it can make you cry (and for the right reasons, may I add). Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dush and i watched it just 2 days back. Thats the level of our joblessness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!And how was it? Masand and Khalid Mohamed trashed the movie. Other reviews ranged from ok to must-watch. So what was your take? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...